Friday, November 23, 2007

I squash ants for photo-taking

My room is always under attack from ants. I can say that my room is rather clean. But they seem to love my room a lot and are always on the prowl for nest sites, IN MY ROOM. I totally hate it. I will crawl on the floor to follow them but they are often quite scattered when they are in searching mode. Once they found a prefered place, they will march in in lines. So before they found a prefered place, it's not easy to find where they come from and kill them.

I can't kill them all since I couldn't find where they come from. So I will kill one when I see one. I squashed one one night. Apparently I had squashed its abdomen and not the whole ant. These are the tiny tiny ants, about 1-2mm. It's kind of weird that I only squashed its abdomen cos it being so tiny and my fingers so big. Its abdomen squashed but it was still moving, alive. Which prompted me to take out my camera.

It doesn't look good. I know, I am an ant killer. But, who cares? They bug me, I kill them.

The next day I tried squashing ants again, but I meant not to squash the whole thing cos I want to take their photos. Again, so happened that I squashed its abdomen again. But unlike this one here, its upper body detached from the squashed abdomen...and continued to walk away... with only its upper torso.

This is another one. It's rather complete, i.e. not squashed.

Does your bathroom has those little insects? It has a love shape body/wing. It's about, 3, 4 mm in width. I took a photo of it. Then magnify the photo. Wah... I didn't know they look like this, didn't know they have furry body.

And then I went out to the plants, and see if there's any other insects. This little one here, is about 2mm the most. It kept moving and I couldn't get better photos. After a few shots it jumped away. At first I thought it's a ladybird-like bug. When I magnified the photo, I think it's a spider.. I haven't seen a spider like this before, and I didn't know they can be this small. I am not sure though. But look closely, it seems to have 4 pairs of legs, insects have only 3 pairs. And you can see something on it which looks like spiders' many pairs of eyes. Did you know, some spiders have 6 eyes, some 4, some 2.. This looks like it has 4 eyes. This is its side view. So what do you think? You think it's a spider?

And little snail. About 1cm in length. I've taken quite a few shots, only in this one I was able to capture its eyes in focus. So cute~
Oh I love taking these little crawlies' photos~ EXCEPT disgusting things like cockroaches. They better stay away from me...

3 comments:

SoupLad said...

karma.. remember karma..gal

Michelle said...

hehe....

Anonymous said...

Being a bully is not an attractive trait. Respect other life forms; they too have their purpose. Their are non violent ways of avoiding insects in your home.