Thursday, June 22, 2006

A short story

Out on the green pasture, under the clear blue sky, soothing wind blowing on the little girl’s face. Little girl looks into the eyes of her Prince, feeling each other…

If only time could be stopped…

Words of love had been said, though words are never enough to truly express their deepest feeling.

How true… Silence does speak a thousand words.

Wind continues to blow… clouds changing formation…

“Can’t you stay?” Little girl looking hopeful.

“I’m sorry, truly… I have a promise to keep…”

“Promises are meant to be broken.”

“That’s not me.. my dearest.. that’s not me...”
“I would marry you, if not for this promise.”


Teardrops escape from little girl's eyes. He would marry me...

The sun is beating hard on the face of the Prince. His eyes shinier now, like the water of the lake in front of them. Tears of undoubtedly love…

“I shall wait for you.” Smile the little girl, sadness well hidden beneath.

“This promise requires a lifetime to keep…”

“Then I shall wait for you in our next lives, and next and next and the next… And you will come look for me."

The Prince looks into the little girl’s love-filled eyes. He can feel her heart breaking…

“Is that a promise, my Prince?”

The Prince smiles.

“Yes, it is, my love. That’s a promise that I’d keep with all my heart, and in the many lives of us that are to come.”

Little girl smiles brightly, contented. The Prince feels warmth from her smile, warmer than the sun.

The Prince will leave. Little girl will cry. Her heart can never be whole for this lifetime. Yet, both of them will have the will to go on, knowing someone is loving them, somewhere. It’s been engraved on their hearts.

No comments: