Monday, August 01, 2005

My stubborn chinchilla

This is my stubborn chinchilla Miko, she’s as stubborn as me.

A photo when she’s a baby. Notice her “hand” was holding on to the syringe. I just love it every time her small hand grabs my finger. It feels so much like a human baby’s grab but minute version. Wonderful feeling.




Miko wants to get out of the cage all the time. Seeing her “innocent” look like this, how can I stand not letting her out? Indeed, she’s out of the cage most of the time unless I have things to do that cannot allow her disturbance. It’s for her own good also, I can easily step on her accidentally since she zooms around like a F1 racing car…


Miko standing with her hand on the container which I keep her hay. Miko reminds me of Jackie Chan all the time cos she’s an excellent acrobat. While on a chair, she will jump onto the wall before she turns and touch down on the floor. She can jump and make a 180degree turn in mid air and zooms away.


She is also a weirdo like me. See how she sleeps. She bit the board into a U-shape hole and from then on she likes to stick herself like this and sleeps. The first time I saw this I thought she got stuck…




She’s about 7 months old. A chinchilla can live up to 15 years. I dare not grab her anyhow I like cos she will bite me… She’s a spoilt brat. I just let her come to me whenever she likes and caress her. When she’s out of the cage, she will hide under the cabinet and sleep for a while. While she’s there I do my stuff, watching tv, reading.. Minutes later she will come out and stop near me and look at me. Then I will play with her, till she’s tired and go under to cabinet to rest again. She’s very naughty but adorable.

A profile of her.

No comments: