Friday, January 06, 2006

Guys who like to brag

I don’t get it.

What’s up with guys who like to brag? I, cannot stand them, totally.

If you’re good, people WILL know. There’s no need to brag about it. It’ll just show how shallow you are. I’ve met many such guys. They talk as if nobody else in this world experienced what they’ve experienced. They brag especially loud in front of women usually. Why? Is it because women are ignorant? Pppppplease…

I am a diver. Lots of male divers like to brag. It’s especially abundant in this sport. And I HATE it. H.A.T.E. Hate it.
Guys, if you want to brag, make sure you have the right “ignorant audience”. Bragging in front of people who knows more will just make you look stupid. But then again, clever guys DON’T brag.
And maybe because I’m petite and cute and sweet and everything, there had always been guys come and brag to me about diving. Again, PPPLEASE… I read a lot, OK? Even though I’m not rich enough to dive in many countries, I learnt a lot by modestly listening and learning from other divers. Plus, my ex-boyfriend is a diving instructor, ok? I learnt loads from him and he’s the most knowledgeable man I’ve ever met.

Every time someone knows less than me try to brag and impress, and comment about other people being stupid and stuff, I merely keep my silence. There’s no point to engage further into a conversation with this sort of guys. Sometimes, if I’m in the mood, I’d act naïve and impressed and go, “Oh, really?”, “Oh, wow..”, “Cool…”…… But in actual fact, I hoped so much to etch an “I.D.I.O.T.” on their foreheads.

Generally, new-male-not-so-experienced divers like to brag. Very experienced divers usually only speak when necessary. That’s my kind of man. Action speaks a thousand words. You don’t have to shower me with your saliva to let me know how good you are.

And people who brag, NEVER learn. I don’t understand why can’t they be a little humble and listen to other more experienced people who are kind enough to impart some of their knowledge to them?

I wish I have the power to make guys (and girls) who brag, to stop, once and for all. It is nothing but pure annoyance having to listen to people bragging. And I hope new male divers I might meet in future don’t come and brag in front of me. They, most likely, would just make a fool of themselves.

p.s. when you finished reading this, you might feel that I think too highly of myself. Yeah, well.. who cares?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think I got to give my 2 cents worth here. Perhaps they wanted to just share their experiences or just wanted to break the ice when confronting you because they think you are cute etc etc as how you describe it. Cheers.

Michelle said...

ehm, no offence, but sharing and bragging are 2 things I think we all can differentiate.