Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Can I not lie?

I hate to lie.

Can we live in this world without lying? If everyone's nose is to be elongated like Pinnocchio when one lies, then the "Shortest Nose Award" will go to elephants =p

I hate to keep secrets too (so don't tell me your secrets). A HongKong author 倪匡(卫斯理)once said, "If you youself cannot refrain from telling your secret to a 3rd party, how do you expect that person to keep that secret?" So the best way to keep a secret is of course, not telling anyone, which, is a very difficult to do, especially for women, which, including myself :p That's why I don't like to know about people's secrets.

..........

Well... ... I'm lying.
Haha.. I do like to know about people's secrets, I just don't like to hear "...and don't tell anyone."
I must admit, the "gossip gene" does inevitably exist in my blood as a woman. I said I hate to lie, doesn't mean that I don't lie ;) How can a common mortal like me escape from this great natural law? Humans are born to lie, born to be manipulative afterall.

The thing is, lying requires talent. You have to be creative, you have to react fast, in order to think of a 2nd lie to cover the 1st, a 3rd to cover the 2nd, on and on. It's a neverending story. This is simply not one of my talents :p so I hate to lie.

p.s. to my friends out there, I will still keep your secrets provided you specifically asked me "don't tell anyone". =p Even though I don't really like to keep secrets...... but... anyway, don't worry, Your secret's safe with me ;)

No comments: