Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Patriotic? or Idiotic?

I'm a Malaysian.

I'm working in Singapore. Just like millions of others with the same fate.

I love my country. I was a strong "Mahathir-supporter". But it doesn't mean that I'd agree to whatever our former Prime Minister said.

Singapore is a rational country. I like working here. I like the technology, the exposure, blah blah blah...

I hate it when Msia quarrels with Spore. Just simply hate it. I hope the ministers can just keep their mouths shut.

There are so many things Msians would complain about Spore, and Sporeans about Msia. Sometimes true sometimes not. Msians said Sporeans are kiasu, Sporeans said Msia is unsafe. Whatever it is, causeway still jammed with cars everyday.

Only Sporeans kiasu? To tell you the truth, I'm a super kiasu Malaysian.

Sporean kiasu and Malaysian not? Wrong. You can see M'sians' "kiasu culture" on the roads everywhere. 3 lanes became 5 lanes is a norm. (Somebody's throwing stones at me......)

I love my country. But I find it idiotic to argue whether Sporeans are more kiasu than Msians, or better, than the rest of the world.

Will I be classified as "more patriotic" if I constantly complain about Spore? If I constantly saying how much better Msia is? To some, yes.

Patriotic? or idiotic?

Maybe someone is kicking my ass for not constantly praising Msia.

Someone I know who's also working in Spore would relentlessly express how much he loves Msia and that he doesn't really like Spore. And so his superior jokingly suggested to him that they should have a branch in JB and let him in charge there, with the same pay, since he loves Msia so much. But his immediate answer was "No no no, I don't want, I like Singapore."...... patriotic huh?


Whatever it is, I do love Malaysia. If I have to criticise Malaysia so that we would progress more, I would do so. I love Malaysia.

Wouldn't it be nice if Spore and Msia won't quarrel anymore?
Wouldn't it be nice if we don't complain about each other anymore?

May that day come soon. :)









No comments: