Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Macro series - Sony A330

When I first got my macro lens, I didn't really know how to take nice photos with it and was so disappointed. Now, I'm finally having fun with it, once I know how its characteristic.

This preying mantis is about 1.5cm long, very tiny. I think it now lives on one of our plants. It's there day and night.


So good that it lives there, I can practise macro photography with it! Ready-subject.
This was taken at a nursery.

The same preying mantis, I named this photo "Pickaboo".

Some other photos :






This is my favourite shot. I love the colours.

This is a sunflower.

Do you know what this is? Tapioca leave.

I quite like this photo too. It's very mundane until I added the words.

A weed from my garden.

Love this pic! Saw this spider, it's quite big, lucky it's big and so I saw it very fast. Very quickly composed and took this shot. After this shot it went back to its hide out.. Thankfully I got it in good focus.
I have better control of the manual focusing using viewfinder now. But I think I will have a lot of crowsfeet on my left eye (I see using my right eye).... What a big sacrifice.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take great pics. They're beautifully taken; great skills. You bring out the effects so well. I tried but not getting it right.
Great shots!

Anonymous said...

You take great pics. They're beautifully; great skills. You could bring out the effects so well. I tried but not getting it right. Great shots!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the compliment! just shoot and shoot and try out different setting and shoot and shoot! :D