Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Pranks

Why do people like to play pranks on people? What’s so funny or enjoyable about that? I think the last time I made fun of people was in Primary 3, my favourite teacher being the unfortunate victim, on April Fool’s day.

I never like those “Just For Laugh” or “Candid Camera” type of show. Personally I think it’s disgusting to make fun of people…dupe innocent people into thinking they’ve done something terribly wrong, watch their terrified face on tv and laugh till you dropped.. Disgusting. Imagine you are the victim…

There is this radio station, in the morning show, the 2 DJs will call someone, the victim, trying to wake him or her up. They will call several times, ask questions like what time is it, or pretend to be someone else, blah blah blah, till the victim got fed up then they tell him or her it’s their friend who request the DJs to wake him or her up. One victim got really fed up on the 4th time the DJs called and yelled “Fucklah!”… It turned out that this person was actually on leave, and this friend of him and the DJs had spoilt his nice cozy sleep. It wasn’t funny, not funny at all.

There’s a bit of a Hermione Granger in me, I guess. I think it’s so childish to play pranks on people. I never agree with actions like pulling people’s chair away when they’re about to sit, hiding away people’s stuff, so and so. My colleague once wanted me to play along when they hide another colleague’s stuff. I told her, you want to hide it, don’t let me see it. If not I will tell. I simply cannot stand not telling the victim where his stuff is.

No comments: