Friday, April 30, 2010

Positive impact

Today, is a great day.

I have a dear girl friend, who is very capable but she couldn't "see" it herself. Probably the result of a long relationship with a mean boyfriend - it drowned her confidence level. She lacked confidence, big time. We've been emailing each other more than going out together, for various reasons. We've known each other for about 10 or 11 years. We started emailing each other since er... 5, 6 years ago? I forgot. (Hey, T, how many years have we been emailing each other? haha..)

She is a very nice girl. But she loved her boyfriend more than herself. It's fine if it's a doting boyfriend but sadly it's not. That boyfriend killed her confidence. Whenever I can, I always tell her to be confident, to love herself first. Just like in the plane, when accident happens, take care of yourself first before attending to your kids or others. Love yourself, only then you'll gain your confidence.

Today, is a great day. In her email to me today, I saw a change in her. She too saw the change in herself. She's more confident now. I was actually a little surprised to see how she handled the conversation between she and her very-mean-evil-hearted colleague. She stood her ground. She did not give in. And I was so proud of her. It's like watching your little sister finally grown up. Believe it or not, I was touched when I read how she handled the matter. She changed.

She said to me it was me who taught her to be optimistic, to think positively about herself. I am glad that I was able to contribute a little in building up her confidence. It feels good to have a positive impact on your dear friend's life, even if a small impact.

My friends, let's work together, to become a better person each day :)

No comments: