Friday, October 01, 2010

Lasik!!!

I had lasik surgery yesterday! 30th September 2010! Today is the first day after surgery. How liberating!

I was so nervous before the surgery. I was worried that I can't open my eyes to get myself home like some of my colleagues said... even thou my brother was with me but it's troublesome if I cannot open my eyes. But in the end, nothing to worry about. And I could open my eyes. There was no pain during the surgery. Perhaps a little discomfort about 2 hours after the surgery. Not sure was it pain (minor) and was it because of the sleeping pill taking effect (after 2 hours??). I felt uncomfortable at that time. But as soon as I got home I went to sleep.

During the surgery, there's one part where the eye cannot see anything, after the doctor put a suction cup onto the eye. And then the machine will create the flap. It felt like I was in sci-fi movie. The machine has a gentle female voice announcing : 25seconds.... 20seconds.... 5seconds.... And the my doctor's voice was reassuring as well, even more gentle than the machine's female voice. LOL... Btw, my doctor is Dr Lee Sao Bing, from Shinagawa. He is very nice, and very polite.

When I woke up 2hours later, the discomfort was gone. Vision is still blurry and hazy but that's normal. And I see halo at night. Dr said it'll take 3, 4 months for it to go away.

I slept early on the day of surgery. The next day, heaven! I can see clearly ! Still a bit hazy but better than first day. And it's normal. I hope the halo will go away soon. And I pray there won't be regression....

♫♪ I can see clearly now, the rain is gone ♫♪
♫♪ I can see all the obstacles in my way ♫♪
♫♪ Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind ♫♪
♫♪ It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)Sun-Shiny day. ♫♪

No comments: