Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Changes

9 years ago, my first time stepped on an island (Pulau Besar) and I fell in love with islands. I could not swim then. Now I can swim and I am a diver.

7 years ago, I still couldn’t swim, I jumped into the water from high above the boat because the not-very-handsome-but-stylo-guide asked me to do so and almost drown (exaggerated a little here). I was scared to death. Now, I can dive in water with total blackness surrounding me (night dive) and where I can see only where the torchlight shines.

5 years ago, I haven’t own a digital camera. Now I have a very good point and shoot Sony camera with underwater housing to take photos while diving.

5 years ago, I could not stand with the diving tank on my back. With others’ help I walked 3 steps towards the edge of the pool and I was panting like I was going to have a heartattack. Now I can climb onto the boat (with tank on) after a dive without much difficulty.

4 years ago I swore I will never work in Singapore. Now I work in Singapore.

4 years ago I never went for a jog. I hated jogging. Now I run when I have the time.

4 years ago I was very weak. Now, the dive shop owner said my body has changed, became more muscular.

3,4 years ago I was still very dependant. Now I am a lot more independent.

To me, these are some significant changes. And some good changes they are.

2 comments:

Beer Brat said...

*SALUTE!*

Michelle said...

:D Thanks~