Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bird Park

Went to Jurong Bird Park on Sunday. BP is quite run down compare to the zoo. Less things to see too. However it's $1.50 more expensive than the zoo!

Reached there just as the feeding of penguins began. They are so well-fed that most did not bother to move when the worker carried the fish out. Some did follow the worker asking for fish. But there were a few where the worker walked right up to them and sort of force them to take a fish. hahaha...

Look at this bird. So weird.. the way it sits.. haha. cute. Our knees bend forward, its "knees" bend backward.

Owls. Soooo pretty.

This one was so cute. It perched on the top most branch and looked down on us. I walked back and forth in front of it and its gaze kept following me. So majestic feeling as all we can see is a body and its two big dark eyes.
Another type of owl. Their flat faces serve as an antenna for sound.

Look~ many "big birds". haha..

Amazingly red birds. I don't know the name.

My favourite place in BP is the Lory Loft dome, where you can purchase food for the birds to eat. They used to use fruits but I guess it was messy so they changed to something like fruit juice. And the birds can't resist them.

They used their beaks and claws to pull my cup towards themselves. If your finger comes close they will bite you. I tried to touch one of them and it freaked a little. hehe..

Look at me, so fat... got double chin. Fat arms too.. sian. Somehow my cheek became a little hollow... wonder why is that... old age, maybe... I think I look like a ghost. Perhaps been bitten too many times by the vampires in Facebook. hahaha...

They are just sooooo cute.

Brilliant colours.
You can tell it was looking at me, scared of me trying to catch it, most likely.

Beautiful hawk. Look at its eyes and beak.

The best surprise~ big iguana~ There is one in the zoo as well. And it always rest on the middle of the pathment like this too. But that one was green colour. This one here is orange, so pretty.

Extremely beautiful~ if only I can have one. I got one years back, got stolen after one week. shit.

At first I was afraid that we might frighten it if we touch it. But then, when we tried, it looked so enjoy loh. hahaha. It will close its eyes when we stroke its head. haha... shiok. So we got closer and closer. It didn't budge much.

If only I can hug it. hehe..

And we found a feather of hornbill~! So big. hehe. I took it home as a souvenir. Maybe I can use it to write to Harry Potter. kakaka....

No comments: