Sunday, September 28, 2008

Vampire love story

I have been reading about Stephenie Meyer's vampire love story series. I mentioned to my brother I wanted to bring a book along when we wait for my mum's eye surgery. And he bought a new book for me, Twilight. He said it is one of the best sellers now. He said it's about vampires. Oh GOOD~ I love vampire love stories. It's so romantic loh. hehe.

I liked the first book from its series of 4, Twilight. I fell in love with the vampire too, who wouldn't? haha..

Then I said I want to read the rest of books in the series and my bro bought them for me. The second book New Moon, was .. "ok"... Not very good, not too bad. Just , so so... What I can remember from the second book was only, that the main female character Bella (18yrs old), keep repeating how good how nice how attractive her vampire boyfriend Edward is, over and over again. It sounded as if Bella is 40yrs old and this is her first time in love and can't help drooling over the boyfriend.

The 3rd book Eclipse got worse. Bella suddenly was "in love" with her werewolf friend Jacob and still claiming she loves Edward more. It was very unnatural how the story had developed. Anybody could have written a story like that. It makes no sense. And the book is conversations over conversations, bickerings over bickerings between Bella and Edward, Bella and Jacob. It was really boring. I came to a point where I just scanned through the paragraphs.

I am surprised I am able to finish this book so fast. I guess I just want to get it over with.

I still have the forth book to go. With Bella "scheduled" to get married with Edward and becoming a vampire herself. I hope it will not bore me as much as the 3rd book.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought the book Twilight for my mei mei's in jusco... she like it very much... YY

Michelle said...

Ya, I'm sure~ it's supposed to suit teenagers and young adults~ But first book (Twilight) was more interesting than the 2nd and 3rd though. 4th and last book was better.