Monday, April 13, 2009

My super big iris

I went and order custom make contact lense. And I've changed 2 times. I'm waiting for the 3rd pair.

The problem is, I have bigger than normal eyeballs. BIG. The boss of the spec shop said that I am the record holder in his shop, I have the biggest eyeball or rather, iris, ever. I am, unique, so to speak. But this uniqueness, is not good in this case. I can't wear normal ready made lenses. They are just too loose and glide down on my eyeball when I wear them.

Some time back, there're some new lenses with bigger diameter which I can wear although not 100% comfortable. But at least I can wear them when I go diving. They still sometimes glide down on my eyeball so I blink more frequently.

So I thought since I can wear these, custom make ones should be more comfy. I still haven't found the answer yet because the first 2 pairs were not good. The first one still glide down. The second pair, stay too high on my eyeball. The lense's lower edge touches the lower edge of my iris. And that affects my vision, blurry on the bottom. That makes me feel like I'm about to cry like, teary eyes.

I forgot how big is my iris, but the lense's diameter is 14.5mm. I asked the boss is there any bigger ones and he said no... hmm....... it's just not really big enough to cover my iris (as when one blinks the lense will move a little, so preferably to be a bigger diameter ). If I were to wear those lenses (with a black rim) which are designed to make one's iris look bigger, it'll have no effect on my eyes whatsoever.

I have bigger than normal eyeball, YY and SL have smaller than normal eyeball. Urgh... troublesome. We can't just buy the lenses off the shelves. It is really annoying. I am praying my 3rd pair is good, good, good!

No comments: