Friday, April 17, 2009

Robbery

I just witnessed a robbery. A girl yelled and ran across the road from the bus stand at CIQ side to City Square. She shouted something like "JANGAN AMBIL HANDPHONE SAYAAA!!" (Don't take my handphone!) She ran across the main road, oh my God, thank goodness nothing happened to her, there were so many cars on the road.

She shouted really loud and immediately grabbed everyone's attention. And the robber stupidly (but thankfully) ran into the hands of the many people outside of City Square. I think I saw him threw something into the drainage before that, later on it turned out it was the handphone. The girl grabbed him and shouted for him to return her handphone. Then everybody started beating him up. There were a lot of people and people inside City Square heard the commotion and keep on coming and joined the beating. Serves him right! God damn it!

I made a comment to my brother that why the girl cried so much for the handphone (her bag was not robbed) but I regretted immediately after saying that. That was a cruel thing to say. But my thought at that time was, thank goodness it was not her bag. But still, it was scary of course, for the victim. I stood there and watched, it was pretty scary, the whole thing. And I was quite shaken by the incident, let alone the victim.

What's really comforting is that people were so readily helpful. Two Chinese who came to help and probably has a "share" of beaten up the robber were so angry about the case. They even came over to me and told me what happened and kept cursing the god damn robber. They were really really angry. The fact is, everybody is angry. Fucking bastard doesn't wanna earn his money properly by working and robbed others' property. He deserved the beating. That fucking son of a bitch is lucky that he is still alive.

Oh by the way, the 2 Chinese men, were so happy, or rather, "satisfied" that Malay people helped beat up the Malay robber too. Kind of amusing.

We saw someone, should be City Square's guards, took him away. I presumed they will call the police then.

No comments: