Sunday, June 17, 2007

"Were you really been raped?"

JB-ian were aghast by the recent robbery and rape cases. What has our city become....

People have been talking about signing petition and hand it to the police. I believe police's attitude will not change easily. If the number of police is increased, they patrol more around the neighbourhood, if their attitude do not change, our public safety still won't improve greatly. Their attitude simply sucks.

Our police's attitude, I am not saying all, but most, tends to doubt the public instead of investigating the crime. It seems like they think if you are lying then they don't have to do any investigation anymore, thus they can sit comfortably in office. I am talking about the general policemen/women, not the serious crime investigators (sorry, I don't know what they are called. I think those officers do a better job then the general policemen).

For instance, the recent rape victim, were questioned by a policewoman whether she was really been raped just because she wasn't hysterically crying like in the drama. We the public have much free time to play with the cops is it?? We like to ask the police to come and pretend we have been robbed and raped is it??

Years back, my wallet was pickpocketed at Larkin bus terminal (beware, that's a dangerous place). I went to the police station to report lost of IC. I was not allowed to make a report. "It is not necessary", I was told. It was outrageous!! The government always tell us IC is an important document and we as the citizen must make sure we take good care of it. You will be fined if you IC is ruined or missing. But the police said "it's not necessary" to make a report for stolen IC. If my IC was used by someone to borrow money from loanshark then I have no proof whatsoever the IC was stolen. And then forget about the police, I have only myself to depend on if such thing happens. What's more absurb, was one of the policewomen, said to me "Are you sure your wallet was stolen? You CANNOT just anyhow ACCUSE people you know?" WHat the fuck??!
1. If not my wallet was pickpocketed, would I be so free to go to the police station? For the record, people in JB hate to go to te police station.
2. Who the hell am I accusing here? If I got someone whom I can accuse at I would have got back my wallet already.
3. Just for ranting, WHAT A FUCKING STUPID QUESTION THAT WAS?!!!

I just have no faith with the police anymore.

No comments: