Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Wrong english!

Just a short post. I've got many things and photos that I wanted to post. But I am quite busy and tired these days with various things. So.. no mood to write.

I just want to write about the course I attended today, Business Writing by British Council. It's a two days course.

I never realised, a lot of words and phrases that I have been using for so many years and so frequently are so cliche and ... OLD FASHION......... For eg : "I hereby attached...", "Please be informed..", "We regret to inform you...", "Any inconvenient caused is regretted", "Should you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact me".. etc..

The last one, "Should you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact me", I used it a lot. Our trainer said we should just say "If you have any question please contact me"..

"Thank you for your kind consideration" is also WRONG.

There are still many others, can't recall everything. Left the textbook in the training room. It just made me "open eye" (pardon the Singlish) about so many mistakes that we made. The course is really cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had the opportunity to realise it yourself. Many people makes the same mistakes as you. I find it difficult to highlight to them.

Michelle said...

ya! for sure it would be difficult. If I never attended this course and you tell me I'm using old fashion English, I would say "Rubbish." hahaha. but the phrases we have been using for so long, to the trainer, it's all "rubbish"! hahah.