Sunday, September 10, 2006

Kan Ni Na......

Was reading Banana Ooze's blog, in particular, this: "Na-beh" and it reminded me of something that happened to me some months ago.

I drove my already-10years-old-no-power-660CC-kancil to fetch my bro at Changi airport one day. Being old and being only 660CC, I felt it safer to drive around 80km/h. I only overtake the car in front in the safest situation because my kancil has no "pick-up".

So, I was on lane 2, after checking the oncoming car on lane 1 was far behind, I signalled and moved to lane 1 trying to overtake the car infront. But the oncoming car on lane 1 was zooming in extremely fast, I would say it was at the very least, 140km/h. And it was approaching fast, and he flashed its high beam light at me as if to say "MOVE YOUR BIG FAT ASS OUT OF MY WAY!". I was really shocked that it approached so fast, like in 2 seconds it's going to bump into my big fat ass if I'm not out of the way. Shocked! and I uttered a cry "KAN NI NA!!!!" ......
and I put up my mid finger out of anger while moving out of lane 1. But of course, the driver could not have see it as I didn't and couldn't wind down the window (in time) for him to see it. I was soooooo god damn angry, I tell you.

But that was the FIRST TIME in my 29 years of life that I used the "phrase" - kan ni na.... You can see how shocked and angry I was at that time. I was shocked by the fast approaching car, and I shocked myself again for using that phrase. My bro, who never use any improper word, was beside me. He didn't say anything though he thinks ladies shouldn't swear that much. I was glad that he just kept quiet, else it'll only add to my anger.

Afterwards, I felt funny for using that phrase. Because I had never used that phrase until that day. Yet it came out of my mouth so "naturally"... as if I've used it dozens of time. haha...

No comments: