Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My navel pierce!

I've got my navel pierced!!!! I'm soooo... happy!!!!

I was out with my friends Brenda and Winnie in the afternoon for coffee. I thought why not go for the navel piercing I've wanted for ages.

I was nervous as hell even before meeting them for coffee. Afterwards, seeing the huge number of crowds in town, I almost wanted to go home as I didn't call to book the time for piercing. Brenda, who accompanied me said we can just go and check it out. So we went to Heeren's Body Decor Tattoo & Piercing.

The piercing artist has only one customer to serve at that time. I can have mine done after that. The artist was a lady. I felt much better by this fact. Her name is HP. She was very friendly. I asked if it's gonna hurt more than tattoo... She asked me where my tattoo is, I said on the back of my shoulder and tummy. She then said, "OOHHH! It's gonna hurt MUCH less than your tummy tattoo!!" She asked me did my tummy tattoo hurt. "Hell yeah!"..I said. Hurt a lottt... She said I've chosen a sensitive area for tattoo and assured me that a navel pierce is in no way as painful as that. Besides, it takes only 5 seconds, whereas my tattoo took 40minutes. She asked me to returned after 15minutes as she needed to sterilise the navel stub I've chosen.

By the way, the piercing cost S$35, the titanium stub I chose cost... er... S$36? I was too darn nervous to notice the price she told me. I didn't even care how much she gave me my change...

I was nervous as hell in the next 15min before returning to the shop. That 15min passes very fast I was shaking...

So then I entered the room. She sterilise my navel and marked the spot and then I lay on the bed. I told her I didn't want to look and she laughed and said, "You can't see it anyway." I also warned her the possibility that I might just faint... hahaha.... She then used the clamp to clamp my belly button. I used my hands to block my view... She laughed again and said, "You really don't have to be so dramatic cos you really can't see..." hahahah...so paiseh... She asked me to tell her if the clamp hurts me too much. I just felt tight, didn't hurt. She clamped it tighter and asked me how I felt. I said it was fine. Then I felt the kneedle went in and that's it~!! It didn't hurt AT ALL~!! Yes I did feel the kneedle but it really wasn't painful~ She said the worst part is over. I was expecting it will hurt when she removed the kneedle and insert the stub. But I felt nothing. And I asked her "THAT'S IT??" She said, "YEAH~~".

Brenda who was sitting beside asked me did it hurt? I said, "NO~~!" I had been worried for nothing! haha... I shall not be too happy just yet as navel pierce takes a long time to heal and it is very prone to infection. Pray pray it's gonna heal fine.

I said to the artist I should have done this much earlier~! She said yeah~ it's so difficult to convince people it actually doesn't hurt much. My tummy tattoo was so painful, therefore I thought this too will hurt but it DIDN'T HURT AT ALL~~~(should be because the clamp was very tight and couldn't feel the pain, that's what the piercer said) hahaha... how amazing that it didn't hurt... And here's my new navel pierce~:


p.s. The next day, I am worried that I might have cause the stub to move around too much so now.. I'm stressing myself out.... restricting my movements and posture... and now my tummy muscle couldn't relax... and I feel uncomfortable... very stupid...

No comments: