Thursday, September 13, 2007

I feel the earth moved

I finally felt it! For the first time~ Finally experienced how it feels when the building shakes due to earthquake in Indonesia.

I was in class yesterday when my classmate behind shook my chair and asked “Hey, do you feel we are swaying?”. Then yeah, I felt it… Then everybody started saying let’s evacuate. I haven’t really felt much and we hurriedly went to first floor. A classmate who stayed a little while longer said the painting was shaking quite badly. After 10min or so we went back to class. The painting later shook a little bit again.

When we returned to class, the students who didn’t evacuate saw us. A guy said loudly “Those who ran for their lives came back~” How rude!! Bastard! Yeah, such a “hero” is he? Just don’t complain if the building ever really collapse with him in it. Oh wait, if the building collapse, he’ll be dead! So he can’t complain! wahahahhahaha…. It’s not kiasi, it’s about doing the right thing in risky times. Even the experts say we should evacuate to open space on ground floor.

Then this morning, my alarm rang at 7:50am. I turned it off and still in bed, refused to wake up as usual. Then I felt my bed swaying from side to side. It was just like how I felt the first night on land, after I’ve lived on a big ship for 4 or 5 nights. As even in big ship, there’ll be gentle swaying. So I thought, I haven’t been diving and haven’t live on a ship leh… Then my next thought was : Ghost is shaking my bed! So funny. If it is still ghost month, I’d probably scared to death. I thought it was like in Exorcism… though the bed should shake more violently if it’s the devil at work. Hehe…

Then I look at the big bowl of water of the air freshener. The water is moving quite badly.. So I realized it’s earthquake again. I didn’t know what to do, I was still in bed with my pyjamas on… Yesterday was “interesting” as I was with other classmates and we went out the building. This morning.. I was still in bed then it felt scary. It shook quite a long time..

But quite an experience that was~

No comments: