Saturday, September 01, 2007

Extraordinary peaks

I was reading about Kilimanjaro, the tallest mountain (5,895 metres) in Africa and I came across this link: Kilimanjaro climb 2004 . It is someone's climb report. It's very interesting. I have a friend, a girl, who climbed Kilimanjaro before. Extraordinary, she's a very tough girl. I've yet to see her photos though.

These photos were from the link above. See this, a toilet above the cloud. An extraordinary sight, I feel.

And having meals above the cloud, with marvellous view. HOw many people in the world can experience this. I am really envious of them. The only possible mountain for me to climb is maybe just Mount Kinabalu.

Some other breathtaking photos :



I searched Wiki for our very own Mount Kinabalu (4,095 metres). It turns out, Mount KK (Kinabalu) is the 3rd tallest in Southeast Asia, not the 1st. Did you know that? I didn't. The first being the Hkakabo Razi (5,881 metres)of Myanmar and second, Puncak Jaya (4,884 metres) of Indonesia.

Strange, these other 2 mountains are hardly known..? I have never heard of them until I read in Wiki. According to Wiki, Hkakabo Razi is rarely climbed. Go read about it in Wiki, it's really interesting. I searched the photos of Hkakabo Razi and saw this link http://www.stephenbrookes.com/features-index/2006/11/20/first-ascent-ozaki-summits-burmas-highest-peak.html. It's about the first person to reach the summit, Takashi Ozaki. The journeys were extremely hard and it's an interesting read.

This is how Hkakabo Razi looks like.

And this is Puncak Jaya.

No comments: