Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My second Manado trip

Came back from another diving trip. It was soooo nice, being pampered from the beginning till the end at the resort.

***I'm definitely still in holiday mood... :( this morning I had a vivid dream of going to airport, heading for another diving holiday! ***

One lesson learnt this trip, ALWAYS, always buy travel insurance. What an experience, this trip, 4D also not so "zhun4". My flight was supposed to be at 09:25 Saturday. It didn't fly. There was a volcano erupted near Manado airport. Other airlines were flying, but perhaps SIlkair wants to be on the safe side. WHich is fine. But the staff and even the supervisor or something, did not give us satisfactory explanation and didn't handle the situation well. They said there'll be an announcement at 1pm. It never came.

My friend Sally went asked them around 1:30pm. Finally they told us it's not flying that day. The scheduled time will be at noon 12:00 the next day. But they didn't give proper explanation and everybody's temper started to get hot. The supervisor's attitude made things worse. Then he gone missing. Left the female staff to handle a whole bunch of angry passengers. So poor thing.

At the end, SIA's manager came instead. He's very professional, very good attitude, gave proper explanation. So everybody is ok after that. It's not that we're being unreasonable, we just need an acceptable explanation why the scheduled flight is 12noon the next day and not anything earlier than that (since that other airlines are flying). So we went Changi Village HOtel for a free night stay. Free dinner. Free breakfast. The stupid hotel people tried to segregate us to different area with different food than other guests but we don't see why they had to treat us differently and we insisted on having the same food. We said we'll pay and claim with airline. But in the end, they didn't charge us.

Each of our room is entitled 5min of IDD call on Silkair's bill. My friend made a 10cent local call and the staff asked her to pay for it.... ridiculous.

Anyway, in the end, we got to fly as scheduled. Thank goodness most of us have bought travel insurance, we can claim at least $400 for 24hrs of delay. At the end of the stay, the flight delay about 3 hours again. We were all hoping it will delay for one whole day. hahahahaha..... but it nvr happened.

I never thought I'd use the claim for travel insurance. But this time really did. So, buy your travel insurance, my friend.

Ok, time for some photo.

See, I like to take bugs' photo even when underwater~ hahahaha...



Pretty pink/purple crab. Its got eggs~

I.AM.FAT.........................

My photo of the trip~~ my first pygmy seahorse~ First time I saw pygmy seahorse. I only took two shot as there are people queing to take photos. It was quite deep, can't stay too long, NDL (no decompression limit) was ticking... I was like take one photo, check my dive comp, take one photo, check my dive comp.... My point and shoot Sony T100 finally rendered me good photos. happy~

Know what I focused on in this photo? Rubbish........ I thought the stuffs in the center was the shrimp.... lookalike, isn't it??? hahaaha. sooo funny... I realised this only after I browse my photo on land.

Oh, tiny cute frogfish. Felt like taking it home. Sweet baby~~

Big squid~ laying eggs on a rope. We were fighting current like crazy to take photos of the squids.

This is a hole of a worm. Its wall is rock solid~! Amazing. Like our cement wall~

Ever seen live scallops? They move like cartoons.

Clownfish and Gab's video camera. We're trespassing clownfish territory. haha.

My first sharp photo of bubble coral shrimp. THey are so transparent.

Beautiful resort.

Manado's black sand, black beach.

Even the clouds look nicer there.

Me and friend chilling.



Oh look~ UFO coming~!

Just look at the clouds..... Soooooo beautiful.

Amazing sunset.
Notice the differerent colour and shade of the cloud at different time.v



Manually patched photo. It's just sooo breathtaking....
The diving was great. Vis not so great but it was ok. It rained almost every night but day time, it was sunny. Thank God for that. Only a bit cloudy on the second last day, but we had sunshine here and there. So it was good enough.

The staffs there were soooo friendly and helpful. The dive guide is very very good. I'd definitely go this resort again if I'm going Manado again.

Our group photo~~

I like photos of my back a lot. hahahaha....



Oh, check out all my photos here :
Ocean_goer photobucket

and
Gab's photo (from video camera's still shots)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle

I've just read your writing bout ur 2nd trip to manado.
Well, I'm not a dive operator. Im publishing a free magazine about north sulawesi tourism. Called Leisure-North Sulawesi.

I see you photos in Cocotinos. I know Cocotinos coz they advertise on Leisure-North Sulawesi.

Can you do me a favor? If you dont mind, I want you to rewrite about your 2nd manado trip, it will be published in the next publishing of Leisure-North Sulawesi. About 2000 characters with spaces. Deadline will be Wednesday ( 1 July 2008)

Also, you can pick the Leisure-North Sulawesi in Silk Air office at singapore if you dont have one.

Thank you very much. Im looking forward for your very positive response.

Thx.
Cliff

Michelle said...

hi Cliff, nice to hear from you again. I've replied to you by email. Please check. Thanks~