Thursday, April 13, 2006

小强

I don’t like to see 小强when I come home. 小强 is very disgusting, lurking around here and there. Some say小强 is very smelly. I wouldn’t know, because I do not want to be in 小强's close proximity to find out. Sometimes小强 will go into my room uninvited...

小强 once acted in a movie before. That’s why小强 is famous.

*
*
*
*

My neighbourhood has the most小强 I’ve ever seen.

小强... is a cockroach. Well, I should say小强 is ALL cockroaches. I have filed a complaint before regarding小强. But the person replied my complaint seemed to take the situation very lightly, asking me to tell him exactly where 小强 is lurking around. HELLO??!! Where can 小强 be lurking around?? Dustbins, waste bins, “longkangs”, etc… where else can小强 be? Like that also need to ask??? Then he said they’ll do the “smoke” thing to get rid of小强. (the "smoke" thing is "fumigation" lah.. i forgot this word. hahaha)

But everyday I go home I’m still being greeted by 小强 and their families, and their next families, and their next next families….....

I guess I just have to live with that… Next time 小强 visits my room uninvited, I would still treat him with his favourite perfume – Baygon or Ridsect.

p.s. For readers' information, Singapore's flats are mostly very clean, except the place I'm staying. Perhaps because it's industrial area...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roaches are natures little indestructible tanks. Even after mankind is gone, our small spec of existance will be wiped from the earth and roaches will still be here. I do feel for your problem though. Bug-bombs, fumigation, poisons only leave toxins for your pets and family to be exposed to. The best option for keeping the roaches on their side of the world is to eliminate any tempting pl,aces for them to congregate. Close up any small cracks near the floor and cabinets. Clean any areas where food may have contacted, and if you must fumigate to eliminate, cover your bed and clothes containers with large plastic to prevent contamination. Protect your Chinchillaa dn the area that she(he?) likes to play in, otherwise the poison may contaminate and cause problems.
The other solution is to move to the moon or the arctic where roaches havent been yet;)
(by the way, the person you contacted sounds like they might like roaches)