Saturday, April 22, 2006

Impatience impatience

I don't understand why was I born with such impatient character.. When I want something, I want it immediately. It's such a torture if I can't. Without doing more research on the things that I want to buy, I often ended up disappointed and discard them and have my money wasted.

Still, I have not been able to change this habit. Well, I would say I might have improved... say... 20%... But that's really not enough..

I had been searching for a movie named "Sometimes in April" for a long time. It tells the story of the genocide in Rwanda in 1994, where 800,000 people were killed in 100 days. I could buy the DVD online of course, but I don't want to pay US dollar... There's another more known movie about this genocide, "Hotel Rwanda". I didn't have the chance to watch this either.

So, instead of the DVD, I resort to searching for the books about this genocide instead.

"We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families: Stories from Rwanda" is one of the books about the genocide I found from Amazon. I searched Kinokuniya's bookweb and they do sell this book. I am now in JB, how I wish I could be in Kinokuniya with a flick of my fingers. It's killing me not being able to get hold of this book immediately...

I just can't wait.... It might be a difficult book for me to read considering my standard of English... Nevertheless, I'll still get this book. Tomorrow, tomorrow I'll go and buy it before meeting my friends to Asian Dive Expo.

p.s. 2 days ago at Kinokuniya I almost buy a book because it "looked interesting". Thank goodness I was able to suppress my urge to "just buy any book and read". The reviews I read on the internet were not so good...

The reviews for "We Wish to Inform You..." were mostly good, mostly 5stars. I hope I can finish the whole book. I don't say "I hope I like the book"... because it's a book about a real genocide that happened... not some fiction story... If someone say I like that book, does that mean he/she was not emotionally affected by the genocide and that he/she was "cold"? hmm... I don't know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both movies are extrememly moving and important. People need to see the absolute horror of what had ahppened there. War in general needs to be uncensored so that people can see how horrible war is. How much it doesnt pick favorites. How we all bleed red, no matter what color our skin is. Its almost sickening how GW Bush( I wont call him president ) keeps sending our kids to die in other countries for his own gratification. The man is a psyociopath(or psychopath) and I think he gets turned on sexually by thinking he can take over the world. He is just trying to further the Christian agenda and spread catholic ideals by force. I apologize for the behavior of some of us here in the Us, but please know that most americans didnt vote for him either time he stole the whitehouse. Also, I have "Hotel Rwanda" and "Sometime in April" in AVI format that you could burn onyour PC to a DVD or just watch them on the PC. If you want them, please email me with your info(email address) and I can send you the link I have to download tem from me. You need highspeed internet though, since they are quite large files. If you dont have good access to highspeed just let me know, and I can burn them in PAL format and ship them to you by using YY address. Just let me know, and as usual, I trully enjoy reading your blog. Its become a part of my internet viewing routine. Wish me luck too, I am starting mandarin lessons in 2weeks!
Take care, and please keep the updates coming I think you are going to beat out XX's blog soon enough(except that you are not a bimboblog:) Also, I think YY is much prettier than XX;)so seeing her picture is a nice thing to see. Actually you all are quite stunning in your own ways! I'll finish this comment in the more appropriate space below.