Monday, April 10, 2006

Sentimental

I thought I am a cold-blooded person who reacts more upon knowing an animal’s death than a human’s. It turns out that I am wrong about myself… Or maybe it’s just that I’ve become more sentimental these few years…

When I think about Angel’s father, I’d still want to cry..even as I’m writing this… I didn’t talk much with Angel’s father in the years I’ve know her, 16 years to be exact. But I’ve heard a lot from Angel.

It’s just … so sad… human is so fragile, physically and to some, mentally as well… I guess this is the price to pay for being an intelligent creature. Chimpanzees mourn for the death of their loved ones too. They sometimes died from sadness… But still, I rather be an animal than a human. Too much to cope to be a human being…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very moving to read about the effect of the loss of your friends father. April 1 of every year since 1999 has been a very difficult day for me as well. I lost one of my best friends on that day back in 1999 and his funeral was on the 6th so every year around that day I remember how much it hurt and still does hurt to have lost him. Then i think of the other people that have passed away that I have known. The worst part for me is that I know there are still oter people that i will lose as the years pass by. I luckily still have both of my parents and my siblings are still healthy. I even have a new niece(my sisters baby) and I then think about losing them and I get sad. I really took your one comment about being one of the species that feel loss when someone we know dies, to my heart. I think its probably a good thing that we feel loss. By feeling loss, we dont take those we still have for granted. We cherish the time we have with them and never forget tham when they are gone. I truly feel for Angel, I never met her, I may never meet her, but know that I did say a little prayer for her and her family after I read that about what had happened.

the only advice I feel right giving is to never take your friends, Pets, and Family for granted. Cherish them and never hate anyone. I am pretty sure you dont do that. I am confident that you cherish all that life allows you to experience. It will get easier to dal with but it really doesnt hurt less.

thank you for the oppertunity to see the world through your eyes and ears:)

Michelle said...

Exactly, it's so scary to think about whom we would be losing as years go by... u r right, just hv to cherish every moment we have with people around us.