Saturday, May 13, 2006

Self-drawn images

Suddenly feel like drawing images on my t-shirts. I bought a bottle of "3D Paint" which cost me S$4.90 or so. It was a disaster using this... because it's tremendously difficult to control how much paint to flow out by squeezing the bottle. I should have known. But hey, you never try you never know.

Then I went Parkson and found this :

I was soooo.. happy to see this, as I was expecting to find such dyes selling each colour separately. This cost me twenty over ringgit. I guess this had been resting on the shelve for ages... see the edges of the box. Only a 无聊 person, correction, only a 无聊 adult like me would go and buy such thing.

The first try... was.. ehm, kind of ugly.. but I was using an old t-shirt with very coarse material, which I wanted to throw away... So I guess I had to use a shirt made of finer material. So I took out my Giordano spaghetti strap shirt.

I draw 2 stars at the bottom to try out, I thought if the stars I draw turn out to be ugly... at least it's not that obvious and this shirt won't be wasted.
It wasn't too bad, so I drew another on the top right.

I wasn't satisfy with just that. So I drew my favourite image : dolphin.

It's not as easy as the stars because I want this dolphin to have clear edges else it would look nothing but nonsense. I didn't know if it'll work... so I drew it at the bottom corner as well.

And........ TA-DA........

Here it is, my pink dolphin~ I loved it~! But it was sooooo... tiring... it's been ages I haven't draw... it's so tiring to sit there and draw for a few hours.

I wanted to draw more, wait till I have these 2 shirts washed and see how the paint would react first. It's not supposed to fade or bleach lah... but to play safe.. better see how first.

I'd prefer my own wordings on the shirts but it's more difficult to draw words than images as you can easily see the flaws; words require clear cut edges to be pretty. Actually the idea of drawing images on t-shirts came from a friend, who's selling t-shirts which she printed by herself. I don't have the equipment to print, I don't even know how that equipment looks like... If only I have the equipment... hmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HP sells iron-on or heat-transfer paper you place into your existing printer. Then you just print the image and use a hot clothing iron to transfer it onto a T-Shirt or other clothing. I think its fun to make your own Tshirts. I like how you made your's without creating an un-attractive design. You always sell yourself short. You are quite talented.

Michelle said...

Oh, they sell those? hmm.. i must check it out when I passby stationery shops. ^_^