Saturday, May 09, 2009

(Grand)Mother's day celebration

We're celebrating mother's day today. But it's not me celebrating for my mother but my mother and aunts celebrating it for my grandma.

My mum and aunts cooked some dishes. My uncle, aunt, grandma, nieces and nephew.




My uncle playing with the garden light. hahah.. When it's dark enough the solar garden light will then light up. It was not very dark yet and my uncle covered the solar panel to activate it. He looked like a kid having fun. LOL.

And guess what other guests we have tonight??
No, not ants. I believe these are wasps. Tiny wasps, about 1cm each. I think this is an egg case. I was so shocked when I saw this, I thought it's bees. I also thought something grew out of the dead pussywillow. My bro stuck the dead pussywillow there as a support for climbing vines. Look how it is stick to the dead pussywillow.

A close up. I don't think these are bees, should be wasps, the typical evil looking wasps. hahaha. just kidding. There are still some that have not emerged from the egg case. Quite amazing, I haven't seen this before. But my first reaction was : eeewwwww..... disgusting.

Some other things in our "garden". A 小苦瓜(mini bittergourd). Really cute isn't it?

This is the normal bittergourd.

"Baby" normal bittergourd.

This flower is called Chinese Honey Sucker. I wonder how come it's not named Honey Provider but honey sucker. Plants don't suck. hahaha...

Played with the camera's aperture priority mode. I love this pic.

A leave of a papaya plant. I thought it was very beautiful of how the evening sun shone on its leave.

Played with the camera's aperture again.

I took this shot without a tripod and with the camera high above me. Turned out pretty well, no blur.

That's all. Happy mother's day everyone~

No comments: