Sunday, May 03, 2009

More Mt Kinabalu photos

Here are some more photos of my Mt Kinabalu trip.

This was the climbing day, I swear by my Columbia trekking shoes from now on. Walked for so many hours, apart from muscle sore, the soles of my feet never hurt!
Our mountain guide Arnold showing us the trails map.

EK and me~

WeiVoon, Janice, EK's bro KeeKeng, EK and me.

At the beginning of the climb. We kept stopping to take photos, I think the guide thought we stopped too many times haha..

EK looking fresh still. I like this photo~ Very natural and scenic.

Power Gel energy booster drink, the verdict... taste like shit. And I didn't really feel any energy boost.. I prefer 100 Plus.

This is our lunch box. It's included in our package. We were told this normally cost RM45....

Starting to feel tired.....................

"Muka busuk" ("black"/foul face) ya? haha... I thought I looked like a cameraman at rest, as I was shooting video. haha..

Finally reached 5km.. Still 3km to go... SEriously I had not much energy left.

It was very scenic here, very very beautiful. The trees are different here and lots of moss.

I thank God, or rather I thank the natural world, for giving us a perfect weather, very clear sky. I am really really grateful.

This is why I wanna go back there again.

On the way to Mt K, we saw a big billboard, a Celcom's advertisment, featuring Mt Kinabalu on it. We decided then to see if there are coverage on the mountain, if there's not, we will throw shit on the billboard. hahahaha. But! There was! I didn't expect that. When EK asked me before we left for KK, whether there's phone coverage on the mountain and I laughed... hahaha... I was so wrong.

Up, up and up.

About to die..... I looked horrible....

About 1km to go. It was very cold here. But EK never felt the cold, she's still in one t-shirt only. Strong woman, she is.

This is just sooooooooooo beautiful. I felt like I was in the land of fairy tales.

No wonder the mountain guide said plenty of people said they won't come to Mt K again but he always see them again. hahaha.. I swore I will never do this again, I swore I don't wanna pay money to suffer again but 2 days later I changed my mind. hahaha... I wanna go back there!

I was literally in pain at this point. I could only muster the strength to continue 5, 6 steps at one time now..

无语问苍天??hahaah..... I could not talk, I could not even smile now....

Finally... Laban Rata... The guide kept saying 50m to go, 50m to go, but I still haven't see it! I was so angry. hahahah..

I was in tears in this pic.. I was really angry at how tough it was as I mentioned in previous post. kekekekekek... irrational feeling but hey, I am a woman.

Looks like heaven.

Still in tears during dinner!!! hahahah... It was really hard for me. I had been saying I exercised more than others, but I didn't attempt summit. I wonder, if I never exercised as much as I did, could I even reach Laban Rata? Probably not.

Early morning at 2:30am. These photos are from WV, KK and EK.

They managed to reached before sunrise.

Great view.

They made it!

After seeing their photos, I really really regretted didn't try summit...

I will be here next trip! SOON!

I like this photo.

This is sunset when we're trekking back down via Timpohon Trail. THere really was NO views at Timpohon trail. Just steps and steps and steps and trees and trees and trees.

Our certs!!!! It's really nice and beautiful. Mine is black and white, sadly. haha...


I will be there again soon~!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looking back your photos again! Those were good shots! Sabah really a good place to travel!

Michelle said...

indeed~ sabah is great!