Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Singapore's woman team reached Everest

The first all woman Singapore team has reached the summit of Mount Everest! So happy for them! Technically, half the team made it at this point, as they separated into 2 teams for a higher rate of success. The first team has reached summit. The second team will head for summit on 22nd.

It's really courageous of them and I'm really happy for them, even though I'm not a Singaporean. It's not an easy feat. There're not a lot of people who can do this. I read that one of the girls (I supposed all of them do) wakes up every morning at 4 or 5am and ran 15km everyday. You really got to have A LOT of discipline to wake up at such wee hours and run such long distance. I've tried to wake up about an hour earlier to go running. I've tried soooo many times. Each time I just ended up shutting off the alarm clock and said to myself "Oh..tomorrow.. tomorrow i'll wake up and run.." and went back to sleep. LOL.

Again, congratulations to the girls and hope the second team will make it to the summit too~

21/5 update : When I read the news again, I really felt like crying. Because they've done something incredible. Some people commented at the news of this : "So what if they've climbed the Everest, does that help the poor? Does the economy improved?" Granted everyone has their own opinion but it's just really not a nice thing to say. So EVERYONE must put down everything, every interest, every hobby and concentrate on helping the poor? We do what we can to help, but we all have our own lives to live.

No comments: