Thursday, December 24, 2009

Soweto - African Spirit (choir)

I'm so happy~~!! :D Watched 2 great shows in 2 consecutive nights : Avatar and Soweto - African Spirit (choir)!

This was the first time ever I watched a concert at Esplanade~ The concert hall is really beautiful. I am really really surprised that an African choir performance would sold out in Singapore. And a lot of the audience were elderly. I am really really surprised.

Everyone enjoyed the show a lot~! Audiences were very spontaneous, giving a lot of claps with the rhythm, prompting the performer to say "You are such fantastic audience!" But I believe this has to do with the fact that there were a lot of Caucasians in the audience. Otherwise audience's response would be very cold, given that Asians are really shy.

We took photos with the performers after the show ended. I will upload photos tomorrow. Too tired now. I would have enjoyed the show A LOT more had I not been so "drugged"... been popping flu pills and it didn't help at all and I kept sneezing and sneezing. Luckily during the show, I only sneezed towards the end of it.

There were CDs and DVDs being sold. I regretted that I didn't buy the CD, since I really like African music. But then again, I don't have much of a choice really.... I am very tight with money... It's only $25 for the CD. But when you've got nothing much left, $25 is a lot. I have to think whether I'll have enough money for the month or not. Sigh... when can I the kind of salary that I wouldn't have to "struggle" to buy a $25 CD as if I'm buying a $250 item??....

Anyway, the performance was well received by the audience. Everyone shook hand with the performers who were outside the concert hall after the show ended. Funny that no one female performer was there.

I hope they come again! :D


No comments: