Friday, December 11, 2009

Weird sleep & sleep paralysis

Normally, I fall asleep very fast. Most of the time, within 10min upon hitting the sack. But it's been some time now, I would say, 70% of the time, I would be awaken by nothing roughly 5 or 10min into what I call my "70%-asleep-30%-awake" sleep. I would wake up, my heart beating fast...It's really disrupting. I don't know why is this happening. I don't recall it happen when I'm in JB house. I am not sure though. I shall observe.

When I am awaken like this, my heart beats fast, as if I just had a nightmare. But I didn't have a nightmare and I hardly have nightmare. My dreams are mostly happy dreams and adventurous dreams. Whatever the reason for that, I always go back to sleep very soon, without problem. But is is nevertheless annoying.

I experience sleep paralysis (被鬼压) pretty often, as compare to others. So frequent that I got used to it. I know exactly what is happening when I experience that. I used to be very very scared when that happened. Now I am not that scared anymore, even though the "experience" became "scarier".

Few years back when it happened, I just saw my room and I was not able to move, no matter how I struggled and screamed (no sound coming out of my mouth of course). I had to use so much energy to wake up from that. Now, when it happens, sometimes it's not just my room that I see.

I'd see things other than the furnitures in my room. Like an old lady backfacing me. Oh wait, it's too long ago I can't remember was it during sleep paralysis happened to me or when I was actually dreaming. Anyway, I saw my room (actually one hardly dreams things exactly the way it is in real life), exactly my room, my view was exactly how I'd see things when I lay in bed. And I saw this old lady dragging a suitcase... Eventually I woke up, heart beating fast. And then I continued to sleep again. There was another dream, my view point was the same, it was how I'd see things when I lay in bed. And there was this man sitting on the far end of my bed, back facing me. (hey wait a minute, hv I written abt this before..? can't remember) And it's like in the movie where the camera zooms in to his back. He was slowly turning his head... Just when his face about to turn towards me, I woke up. Whew.................. I hardly have nightmare but these are 2 of the only few. It's scary because the "background" was my room.

Anyway, I digress. The most recent sleep paralysis I experienced, I was laying on my left, facing the wall. And it hit me. My brain told me I am seeing the wall, seeing the bed, seeing my hand. And of course I couldn't move. Then I roughly see a head, between my face and the wall. I was so tired and so fed up with these... I was angry and I said "loudly" (I wasn't really saying it out.. just in my head.. since my body was asleep and brain's awake) to that "head" : "GO.TO.HELL."
Once was not enough. I "said" it again : "GO. TO. HELL!" And I was awake. And I continue sleeping as normal.

Most of the time sleep paralysis happens when I am really tired. But sometimes it just happens. No reason. I hope it won't happen again. It's really tiring trying to "get out" of it. If you never experienced it you probably can't imagine. It's like you're bound with ropes all over and you're gagged. And you have to use all your energy to break that rope.

People who experienced sleep paralysis often say they were kidnapped by aliens.. No aliens have ever contacted me yet, for your record. :D

No comments: