Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Aawww.. man in uniform

I went DHL to collect a parcel. I reversed the car into a parking lot, the car beside mine was exiting and he didn’t realize right away that there’s a car behind his. But of course he saw my car in the end and stopped reversing.

So, when my car was in the parking lot already he continued to reverse his. I looked over that car/driver as I was waiting for him to exit and then adjust my car to a better position. The driver was an angmoh, he looked over, and then he waved to me~ Arhhh… so adorable~ Spontaneously, I smiled to him of course. He looked a bit like John Malkovich, most importantly, he’s in uniform~ I think he’s an US air force guy. Man in uniform is just so irresistible~~ hahhaha…

I have to admit, if he’s an Asian, and he waved to me, I would have had a completely different reaction. Hehe… I would think “Why the hell is this man waving to me??” and look at him with a blank look, if not a “is-he-a-pervert” look. I am bias. I admit. But come on, nobody would expect Asians to behave as friendly as ang moh… am I right? And Asian guys are 99% not as “gentleman” as angmoh. Nobody can deny that. The word “chivalry” doesn’t exist in Asian guys’ brain.

When we go travel, and we see angmohs, a “good morning” or “hello” greeting is very common. And you’ll get positive response from them. For Asians, chances are you’ll be greeted with blank expression or with “why are you talking to me? I don’t know you?” words written all over their face (of cos NOT all Asians are like that). They’d probably think you have some malicious purpose saying hello to them. So I personally think it’s only natural that I reacted the way I did to that angmoh. Hehehe.. I do like angmoh, I am shallow, I know. But I can't help that.
And p.s. I like angmohs like Paul Walker. Wahahahhaha…

1 comment:

SoupLad said...

they should have gurls in *ahem* nurse uniforms.. *ahem*

hahaha