Thursday, June 15, 2006

Me and my miko's mood swing

It wasn’t the greatest of all days last night. Felt like a zombie, really.

Went exercise after work. But I guess the endorphins my body produced after exercise was not enough to cheer me up.

My Miko had a mood swing too, yesterday night. She was out of the cage and resting in a box. Slightly before midnight, she made some sound, according to chinchilla websites, that’s a distress call. I then checked her out, calling her name. She didn’t response much as she usually would-like stick out her head from the box. Nevertheless, there’s nothing wrong.

Once a while she will make such call. She made that sound when I was transferring her in a small box to the chinchilla caretaker too. I guess she’s upset. It sounded like she’s missing her mum or something.

However, that meant, she would not come out from the box nor go back to her cage willingly in a short time. It would be futile trying to chase her or catch her. I tried before and it only made both of us extremely agitated. The only thing I can do is, wait. Wait until she comes out voluntarily. That maybe 1 or 2 hours later.. it all depends on her mood…

So I sat at my desk and listen to some music. Some time later, I started crying, for everything (but not because of Miko of course). I guess self-pitiness strike me again.

Around 1+am , I stopped crying. Went to the box to check on Miko. But she wasn’t there. She had come out and was under my bed. Guess she’s like me, enough with the moody thing and thought it’s time to go to sleep.

She’s so funny. When she came out from the box in situations like this, sometimes she’ll be so wary of me. She took one step at a time to move toward me. It was so funny to see her stopping after every step. If I make any sudden movement she would dash away.

Finally, she went back to her cage. I’m so glad I have this lovely chinchilla with me. I can’t believe I own such an adorable creature, feels like a dream. It was a gift from a friend. I don’t think I would be able to spend hundreds of dollars to buy one of these, however much I love them. It’s all destined. I would imagine myself buying hamsters which are quite cheap but not a chinchilla. And I am thankful that I own one. Chins can live up to 15yrs. By then, I’ll be over 40years old! I hope my Miko will live for a very long time with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why the dark mood? Let's go diving!