Sunday, June 11, 2006

Tree top walk

I've always wanted to go to the tree top walk in MacRitchie nature reserve in SIngapore. Finally got the chance last week to go with Gab. We spent a total of about 3hours of walking. The route was rated moderate to difficult. Indeed, we went uphill, slope, uphill, slope. In the end, I think I was left with about 20% of "energy level". hahaha... But it was fun being in the nature. I loved it!

This snake almost fall on our heads just minutes into the trekking. My camera has only 3x zoom, I didn't expect to be able to catch a clear photo of it. You can even see its scale~

We were looking for big spider web. With the strong sunlight, it would make an interesting photo if we found big spider web with big spider on it. But we only found a small web. Nevertheless, with a bit of sunlight at the corner, I like this photo, .

Very pretty spider, eh? It's got biggg eyes. When I wanted to shoot it from the front of its face, it kept turned around. I like the first photo's perspective.



Er, there's a very thin lined spider web here.

Don't know what insect is this.

Gab took the photos of this grasshopper. This grasshopper has a very biggg abdomen, super ugly. But its front closeup looks cute.



I like the camera focused only on the grasshopper and the front n back part of the wood railing blurred.

I thought this won't make an interesting photo because the spider was so small. So Gab took the photo. It turned out very nicely. The water droplets are very clear when enlarge the photo to its original size. I love this photo!

This grasshopper is bright green and brown colour.

Very ugly and disgusting bbbbiggg cockcroach! (i guess it's a cockcroach) The brown leave was not a small leave, you can see from the grass behind and guess the actual size of this cockcroach.. I thought it looked clumsily big but it was fast when it ran away from Gab who was trying to get a second pic.

Very weird er... root?

This is it, the tree top walk.



It wasn't exactly as tall and as scary as I thought it would be. But still I was kind of scared. There weren't a lot of trees around the tree top walk, so actually, nothing much to see. But one gets to see very far from here of course.

No comments: