Saturday, June 17, 2006

Face swollen ah??

I spent RM210 today and I am very glad about it.

No, it wasn't clothings nor shoes nor make up. I went to dental clinic today with ST. Both of us came out very happily and feeling very clean in our mouths and *twinkle*, plus brilliant smiles.

I have never gotten my teeth clean by dentist, not even during schooling time, I wasn't required to. But I had been talking about going to dental clinic for like, what, 2,3 years. I kept procrastinate and procrastinate... and used the money to buy things instead of going for dental care.

My last visit to the dentist was, can you believe it, 13 years ago, when JB's phone number was still 6 digits (they still have my record). I remember vividly of that visit. I needed to get rid of a tooth in the upper front row, a new tooth had been growing till very big, and the "old" tooth wouldn't come off... It kept "dangling" there for months and just wouldn't come off! So I went to the dental clinic.

The registering nurse took my details and said, "Got a decayed tooth? Wah... made your left face swollen ah? Aiyo, swollen till this big ah, poor thing loh..."

....................................................

I DIDN'T have a decayed tooth. I said, "No.........". And it seemed that she firmly believe my face was terribly swollen, "Not left side ah? Right side lah?"

And I said, "No......................................"

I DON'T have a swollen face....... I just have a chubby face.........................................................


Anyway, ST and I were pretty nervous... I went in before her. The dentist was quite nice, I was damn scared he'll be a fierce one like many other dentists, doctors in JB. Speaking of this, JB's doctors hardly smile, I tell you, whereas S'pore's doctors are ALWAYS smiling when you enter the room. Nice~

So I told the dentist I want my teeth to be cleaned and I think I need to get some of my teeth filled, I wasn't sure whether they need to be. After he checked, 3 teeth needed to be filled. The cleaning part was fast, guess I didn't have too much of a plaque problem. But the sound emitted from the machine... "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................." was damn scary... I kept asking myself to think about something else and it's gonna be over in no time. hahaha.. very funny...

The "zzzzzzzzzz" sound was annoying but that was the easy part. I hate tooth filling, it hurts... The first tooth was ok, but after he did the first, he said, "Now these other two, you're going to feel sore/pain (酸)". And I went, "HAH....?"...

And sore it WAS ... He used the "zzzzzz" machine to "dig"(?) the decayed area, then he used another equipment to sort of "pull" them out... I don't know exactly how to describe this but it felt like he's gonna pull out my tooth! My body went rigid (so did ST when she's in there... ).. I kept telling myself it's going to be over soon... But my legs almost wanted to kick the chair due to the sore/pain. hahahaha... I made a sound when it hurt too much and he actually said sorry, which he didn't need to. It wasn't that he poke my gum or anything like that. He's just doing me a service to fill my teeth and pain was inevitable.

He cleaned my teeth, filled 3 small holes, in like, abt 30minutes. I think that was quite fast. Before I leave the room, he said, "Your last visit here was very long ago hor?". I laughed and said yeah. He continued, "13 years ago~! You were still a kid then. Better come clean your teeth half a year from now." I said "un". I don't intend to really "see him" twice a year, but maybe once a year would be suffice.

Oh, after my teeth were cleaned, he used some strawberry taste gel or something, to sort of "polish" my teeth? I thought the sweet taste was disgusting. hahaha.. I think they should make the gel in a few different flavours to let us choose, say strawberry, orange, mint or original flavour~! I would definitely choose original or mint cos I hate the sweet taste. haha...

ST and I left very happily, our teeth are very clean now. Before this visit, the plaque between two of my front lower teeth made them feel like one. When I used my tongue to touch them, it felt smooth as the little "gap" between them was filled with plaque. After I came out, I can feel the gap already~ ST felt similar too. hahaha.. so both of us kept used our tongue to feel the gap.

Very happy today~ Oh oh, ST and I then went to Jalan Perang's Niniq Cafe. We ordered mushroom soup each and wanted to order something else, a main course. But the waitress said we would probably be full with the mushroom soup, so we decided to share the mushroom soup. It really was quite a big portion. And the half plate half bowl thing, I don't know how the hell to call that, was BIG....at least 10 inches across... Usually big plate/bowl means small portion. haha.. but this cafe's mushroom soup portion was big enough for two girls. Unless you don't want to eat anything after that. And most importanly, it tasted goooodddd. I should have brought my camera.

Besides that, I ate Shanghai fried noodle, that was normal, too bland for my taste. ST ordered er, crispy chicken soup noodle or smthg, not sure of the exact name. The chicken was indeed crispy and I hardly would comment a chicken dish delicious other than my mum's cooking. And that was delicious. I liked it.

We were so full when we came out and it only cost us abt RM15 per person. Oh, to my friends, if you wanna go there, make sure you visit their toilet. haha... I like the toilet seat which was transparent with seashells in it. I want something like that if I ever own a house. And the washing basin was the most beautiful/creative I've seen. Very nice, hard to describe... that's why I said I should have brought my camera. 'fred not, I shall patronize there again with a camera. hehe...

No comments: