Friday, June 09, 2006

Why..? Mahathir.. whY?

Tun Mahathir truly lives up to the words that he's often been described as, "speak his mind".
Read the story.

That was a sad day for Malaysia.

Why...? Tun Mahathir.. why? Why did you have to make such extreme and harsh comments??

Tun M is someone I revered, albeit his sometimes, or should I say "often" radical views and ehm.. some bad rumours... I like Pak Lah as well. Frankly I like his style more, for our country's current state.

I don't like my country to have too many megaprojects that Tun M so fond of. I couldn't be happier when I read the news that government was going to scrape the bridge project that was to replace the current Causeway. Tun M was obviously incensed by this decision. He said we have surrendered our country's sovereignty to Singapore. He said why do we have to seek Singapore's agreement to build a bridge on our country's front door? But Tun M, a bridge has 2 ends... We are not talking about a bridge that extends to a nowhere land... I seriously do not understand Tun M's mentality about this project. We can build the bridge, until half the Johor strait... then we shall wait for Singapore to connect this new bridge to the existing one on their side as and when they like, which can take forever as Singapore has no obligation or liability to do so. So what's the point?

Tun M said he's been stabbed and he's hurt. But I was saying to my friends, Pak Lah must be feeling very sad as well. He respects Tun M. He truly does. Yet, he's been attacked openly and so viciously by this man he respects so much. Pak Lah chose to remain silence which is a wise move... I wonder who hurts more in this dispute..

Tun M hinted that he's chosen a wrong successor but it is a fact that Pak Lah had been given a strongest mandate in history by the people in the last election, strongest ever than Tun M’s time according to a news article I read. And Barisan National had won back the state of Terengganu state which was lost to PAS in previous election. BN even almost won back the strongest PAS-controlled state Kelantan. That really means something.

Like a reporter has said, the current administration may or may not run well, it may be better than Tun M's time or worse. But whatever it will be, he should stick to his words of not intervening. For better or worse, he should let go now and let Pak Lah runs the country following his own style. I wish Tun M would stop this "unwanted" behaviour of his. He is really well-respected in our country and he should really step down with honour.

1 comment:

SoupLad said...

nices macro shots!