Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My town My life

This is not a poem. Just some thoughts.

On my way back to JB,
walking on the decades old Causeway Bridge,
I can smell the scent of the sea,
the usual saltiness... plus......
stinkiness of rubbish.

Cool breeze blowing on my face,
in a supposed-to-be-hot "summer" evening,
looking over to my left, the calm Johor Strait,
shimmering under the moon light,
while the hustle and bustle of vehicles,
passing by on my right.
Indulged in my own peaceful thoughts,
only to be awaken by the loud lorry honk.

It was not the prettiest scene that one likes.
It was not the cleanest air that one hopes.
Yet it is a place without war.
A place where natural disasters do not strike.
It is as close to paradise as you perceive it to be,
bad as hell if negativeness is the mere thing you see.

Not a perfect town,
yet a proper town.
Not a perfect life,
yet a proper life.

My town. My life.

No comments: