Friday, March 23, 2007

Counting down

I am counting down again~ counting down the days to diving in Manado, Indonesia in less than 3 weeks' time. I have not dive outside of Malaysia as yet. Everybody loves going back to Manado, year after year. It must be something.

However, every time I go away for holiday, I feel very heartpain to leave my Miko with the caretaker... Feeling really guilty. And I suddenly thought of my plan of going to Africa for maybe 2 weeks, when I have the money. Man.. If I leave Miko for 2 weeks, I wonder if she'd think she's been abandoned. 2 weeks.. I guess it's still ok.. but if 3 weeks......... heck, it's impossible for me to go away for so long. I don't have so many leaves. Going to Africa won't happen in near future anyway. I just hope so much she could understand me that I am just going for a short time.

There was a true story where a man lives by the sea, rescued a dolphin, and swim with it day after day. I think it continued for ... 4 years? Can't remember exactly. They swim and play together EVERYDAY since he rescued it. The man believe there was a strong friendship/bond between them. And one day he had to leave for a few months to settle some things. He was worried about how the dolphin would feel when he failed to show up at the usual time. But he had no choice.

When he finally returned, he went to the sea right away. He was apprehensive of whether the dolphin still there, and whether it would still accept him.

And the dolphin was there. But it kept a distance from this man. The man kept coaxing it using the dolphin's favourite toy-a plastic fish. After some time, the dolphin finally came close to him. And in the end, it accepted him as its friend again. You should look at the way they play with each other... So heart warming. This was shown in a documentary, I wonder if anybody reading this ever watch it.

Anyway, back to my Miko. I love my Miko soooo muchhhh. I bought her a mushroom house the other day. I showed it to her when she's out of the cage. She explored it a bit. And then I put the mushroom house in her cage. She went in to play with it. I sat outside the cage watching her play. After a while, she came to the cage door, and her front paws rest on my thigh, for quite some time, and I sayang her. I think she was thanking me for buying her a mushroom house hehehe... It could be my imagination but it could be true as well~ you never know.

Every time before I go for my holiday I will tell her everyday, that I am going away for a few days. Tell her to be good and wait for me to come back. I hope she understands me.

No comments: