Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter - closure

Finally, after 2 years of waiting, fans around the world can finally get hold of the final book. I woke up before 7am on Sat and went to get the book slightly past 7. There weren't so many die hard fans in Johor, I reckon. There were only a couple of people getting the book when I was there and bags of books lined up on the floor are of few quantities, unlike those in Singapore where fans were queueing up on the night before!

Sadly, Malaysia's 3 main bookshops namely, MPH, Popular and Harris are boycotting Harry Potter 7 to protest a hypermarket (should be C***four) is selling the book at a cheaper price which has violated the price agreement. They won't be selling HP7, except for those who had ordered it in the pre-sale. How unfortunate that such thing happened...

Anyway, I started reading the book from 7:30am to 8pm, stopping only to take meals and toilet. I would probably spend another hour or so if I didn't rush things up a bit. Cos I was to go out with friends at 9pm. I didn't want to leave, maybe, 50 pages of the ending and go out with friends. I couldn't bear it, couldn't bear not knowing the ending when I was so close to the end.

The ending, *contains slight spoiler*do not read if you intend to read the book*I thought, is as good as it gets. The thing I worried about (of the characters) didn't happen. I am happy with the ending though it's not perfect (meaning, everybody survives, which is quite impossible). I was really really upset that one of my favourites, Dobby, has to die... Really really sad... and Hedwig... and... well, read it yourself.

The next day, I read some chapters of the story again. Basically, I can't stop reading it over and over again. It really did marvelled me how much twist there are in the book, really have to take my hat off J.K.Rowling. She said she can never write a better story ever. Well, I agree. I really love all 7 books of Harry Potter. And just like the author thinks she couldn't write a better story, I don't think I'll ever read another story that I like more~!

1 comment:

Ah Siang said...

did Harry die ?