Saturday, August 09, 2008

2008 Beijing Olympic (2)

Ok, the ceremony is finished. The last torch bearer, I don't know who he is, supposed to be one of the greatest athlete in China, but I don't know him. (9th Aug Note: He is Li Ning. The famous gymnast. I didn't hear his name when I watched the ceremony). He was lifted to the air after his torch was lighted, lifted to the top of the stadium. And with the help of cables he appeared to be running in midair. In the background, the paper scroll (electronic image) was unfolding ahead of him. But at one point, he was faster than the scroll.. But they managed to correct that.

He was really really high up, must be scary up there. After one round of "running", he pointed his torch to touch a wire or something. And the flame shot up a spiral cone shape thing into the cauldron.

My friends liked it. I didn't think it was all that awesome. It looked cool, as it was really really high up but I don't think it was difficult to achieve. Looks cool, but not exactly awesome.

So, my guess was right, I still like the Barcelona and Doha one. Barcelona's lighting method (lighted with arrow) was simple, but not so easy to achieve and without the help of advanced technology. Same it goes to Doha's. The idea was not complex either (horse run up the ramp). But again, not that easy to achieve for both the man and the stallion AND without the help of advanced technology. And it looked really grand.

But there's one part 2008 people doing taichi and formed a circle. They can do some other formation and form back the circle very fast and very precise. That was pretty awesome.

No comments: