Monday, August 04, 2008

Fridays at checkpoint

Friday was first day of lunar Ghost Month. My Malaysian colleague said he expects there won’t be that many people because of the Ghost Month. Oh, how wrong was he…

The Spore Checkpoint was soooo packed when I reached there at 7+pm. And that day, the officers fenced up and controlled the number of people going into the queues of the access card lanes. It was a good thing.. Else we always squeeze like nobody’s business in the queue.. People behind will push no matter what, especially Indian ladies. I’m sorry to say this, but they like to squeeze and push. And they like to stay close, literally, “glue” to you in the queue. Oh it was soooo fucking annoying. And I hate the body contact, no matter what race they are. I also hate other girl’s long hair have any contact with my body, Indian or Malay or Chinese. And you know how long those Indian women’s hair can be..

I was in the “safe zone” (meaning people queue nicely when closer to the lane) when the railings was knocked to the floor. Immediately it was close to chaos, everyone ran to the queue. The officers kept yelling, “DON’T PUSH!! DON’T PUSH!” But no one was obeying. Everybody just wanted to get in the queue.

I think they should place 10 Gurkhas at the fenced area to control the people.

Why can’t those people understand? If everybody queues orderly we’ll get out of there faster. But no, they want to be the FIRST to get out of there, so everybody pushed and pushed. Sooner or later there’ll be accident happens if the checkpoint officers do not do anything about it. It’s getting from bad to worse. Probably because more people have opted to stay in JB and travel everyday now, since the rent went up tremendously.

It’s just plain annoying, to go through this every week. But I have to go home, and I don’t want to go home on Sat morning. So.. can only bear with it and curse whoever that pushed me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must rant on this as well. You know how everytime in the morning when the train door opens at JE and the crowd pushes in before everyone gets out. While exiting, I shouted as the indian woman tried to squeeze in.. "can you please wait", she pushed herself in and replied "no cannot wait!!" I was #($)#$*(#%$#!!! It takes long before we can become a gracious society here.

Michelle said...

Walau! she dares to talk back??! #$(*#&$*&%*$ kanasai. ya, i hate it when ppl rushes in before letting ppl inside to exit. sooooooo annoying!!!!