Sunday, August 24, 2008

Beijing Olympic closure

There it went. 16 days of world class competition by world class athletes. Kind of sad that it is now over. I really love Olympics. It's a chance for the athletes who have worked so hard all these years, to show the world what they can do, what they can achieve. You feel for them when they fell from balance beam, you feel for them when they dropped their batons, you feel for them when they failed to complete their summersault. But you also feel for them when they broke world record, you cheer for them, you are happy for them. SOme touching stories that happened to the athletes, made me want to cry too. When I see athletes cry out of happiness when they've finally won a medal, my eyes are wet too.

I just lovvveee Olympics. It's really a great thing people all over the world can compete in one place.

The Olympic closing ceremony just finished. My feeling was, is that all? People and newspaper all over were wondering how will they extinguish the olympic flame. They were remembering how it was in Athen : 2 kids "blow out" the flame. And people are anxiously wanting to know how China will present this. But before I know, the flame was slowly being extinguish. What..? I don't get it. But closing ceremonies are usually boring. So was this. But anyway, I do think that China has done a good job. However I don't think it's fair to compare this with other Olympics as China has gone all out regardless of how much to be spent, to impress the world. UK has raised its funding for the Olympic games to 0.9billion dollars (US dollar if not mistaken). Even when they've raised the budget it's not even half of China's 2billion dollars spent. If I'm not mistaken that was the amount of money spent ONLY for the opening ceremony. My point is, with that kind of money, they are sure to do an impressive job. Anyway, whatever it is, BEijing did do a great job hosting this Olympic game.

Btw, I've taken a liking with the mascots after watching their "funny dance". Asked my brother to buy me one from Beijing since he was there. I like the panda Jing Jing. But the toy Jing JIng doesn't look so cute. So bought the Ying Ying instead. I like its eyes. Quite cute hor?


Look at these videos. I think they are taken at about the same time but taken from different people. Isn't it so crazily cute and hilarious?? The way it shakes its hands... Sooooo funnyyy.... I want to copy the way it dances and dance like that too~!! ahahahha.aa.aa...

*27/8/08 note : Gee..... these 2 videos are no longer available in youtube due to 3rd party copyright issue.... but there are stil so many Olympic mascot videos in youtube! Why these 2??? Geez.....

No comments: