Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympic fever

Yesterday I walked home so fast, to catch the last game of the semi-final match between Singapore and Korea, that I hurt my right foot. As I was wearing a 3.5inch high heel... Now the sole of my foot still hurt. Geez...

I really love Olympic games. How often do we get to watch world class athletes compete? Apart from the popular games like football, basketball, tennis, etc. I enjoyed watching gymnastics, diving, badminton, table tennis, etc. By the way, yesterday I was searching on the olympic website for table tennis's schedule and the live result page. Instead of searching for "table tennis", I searched for.... "pingpong"... Brilliant.. hahahahha...

Other than in the Olympics, gymnastic and diving are the competitions which we only get to watch for a few seconds during the news. So, we can only watch the whole thing in Olympics and other games like Asian Games. And it's not often. It really doesn't do these athletes justice.

But WE HAVE TO WORK DURING ANY OF THESE GAMES, Olympics, Asian, Commonwealth, etc... So we don't get to watch as much as we like. It's really frustrating. Since the spirit of these games, is for harmony, everybody in the world should be allowed to take off days from work and watch the games. Am I right or am I right? hahahaha...

10 years ago, me and ST went to watch the opening ceremony of Commonwealth Games in KL. Being in that stadium was fabulous. But the opening ceremony itself... to us Malaysians, it's just like another national day parade, you know? An angmoh we met enjoyed it tremendously, but we didn't. It was disappointingly no creativity.

Then we came back and supposed to go there again after a week. We've purchased tickets for gymnastic, badminton and diving. But what the fuck. I fell sick after I came back. And I was sick for 6,7 days. I have never been sick for that long in my life. And it had to happen during that period. I was so sick that I can never make the trip. Feeling very guilty towards ST, because she has to go no matter what. She wanted to go alone but I said that was too dangerous. In the end, luckily her sister was free and I passed all my tickets to her. That was something that I really feel sorry for myself. Money spent for all those is one thing. But there could hardly be any chance of going to such games again. I'm not loaded, I can't afford tickets for flight and tickets for the games in other country. Even if I can afford, who wants to go with me? No one loh.

If Malaysia ever succeed the bid to host the Asian games, then maybe I can go. But Malaysia just lost the chance er, was it this year? Forgot. And Asian games cannot be compared to the Olympics. But for the cities that have the ability to host the Olympics, I don't think I can afford to go. So.... dream on.................. TOTO!!!

No comments: