Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A cocoon

Look at this! It's a cocoon! I saw it last last week, in the toilet. I climbed on a stool and I saw something moving in it, should be a caterpillar, moving its head left and right to encase itself.

2weeks has passed. Nothing came out of it. I wonder how long does it takes for it to emerge as either butterfly or moth. I suspect it's a moth.

When you look closely, it's very strange. It's not like the usual cocoon which is a hardcase. This looks like a lot of very short hair gathered and stuck together...
I hope I get to see what comes out of it~!

20/7/09 Note : We never saw anything came out of it. One day I just saw a line of stain (liquid flowed down). There was another of this "cocoon" near the toilet window. It too had that stain. I guess the bugs in it was gone. The cocoon itself didn't look much different. Too bad, didn't see what came out of it.

4 comments:

mini said...

看起来的确不像普通的蚕茧!

小时候我养过好多蚕,结的茧子都很漂亮!有白色的,粉色的,黄色的,像小蛋蛋一样。这个看起来,有点点恐怖~~

等她破茧而出的时候,会产下很多的卵,到时候你们家会多出来很多小毛毛虫……你还会喜欢吗?

Michelle said...

哦真的啊? 破茧之后就会蛋下很多卵吗?不是飞到别边去产卵吗?

我不是很怕毛毛虫可是我老妈就.... hahaha..

你养过的茧通常多久才破茧?

mini said...

当然是飞出来之后产卵,呵呵,我养蚕的时候会在茧子方便放一些纸之类的,蛾子出来之后会在那些纸上产卵。

时间一般是十四至十八天,颇茧成蛾之后没几天就dead了

mini said...

下面的网址:

http://image.baidu.com/i?tn=baiduimage&ct=201326592&cl=2&lm=-1&fr=&pv=&word=%B2%CF%BC%EB&z=0&rn=21&pn=0&ln=2000

可以看漂亮的茧子