Monday, July 20, 2009

Enough is enough

I've had it. Enough is enough.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_404839.html?vgnmr=1

I've written my opinion about The RenCi Saga previously.

In the Renci trial, it was reported FORMER Ren Ci CEO Ming Yi has soooooo many properties, in Singapore and Australia, including a plot of land in Australia, which a house was built, even a show horse, EVEN A COUNTRY CLUB MEMBERSHIP. Some are under his own name. Why is a monk that rich? And I thought monk is not supposed to have leisure as my colleague who's a devout Buddhist told me. Maybe he had to "entertain" people to get funds??

Perhaps there are some stories behind which we won't know? Perhaps we ought not to trust the media completely? Just like Michael Jackson's trials? The media made him a criminal even when he was acquitted of all charges. However, this is Singapore we're talking about. I trust the media(Straits Times), generally speaking. And the justice system. In US, some police officers can really abuse their power without much problem. It's not that easy in Singapore. I'm not saying SIngapore is 100% clean. But I believe Singapore is cleaner than US.

So, while I do not view this case as Ming Yi in the wrong 100%, my trust on him had been shattered. I cannot and would not agree on a monk's spending like he did.

And so, I wrote to Ren Ci, asking to withdraw my monthly donation. I will then donate my money to other organisation. Of course, other organisation might have some dirty activities going on which we would not know. But till then (till SG gov discovered something wrong), my money is going elsewhere and not RenCi.

No comments: