Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I really love seeing ppl get drunk

My Japanese colleague is leaving. Her last day is this Friday. So today we had a farewell dinner. Sort of a farewell dinner for me too, as I'm leaving next month too. And after that we went karaoke, for the FIRST time in my 5.5 years here. haha. We've been talking about going to karaoke for ages but hardly anyone was keen. So we never made it until today, well, yesterday. It's 1:30am now.

It was SO MUCH fun and SO MUCH laughter. My MD got "pretty" drunk and started dancing with Heineken bottles... There was still half a bottle of beer in it. The beer was therefore poured on the floor but my MD seemed not to notice AT ALL. Mind you, he is a VERY GOOD drinker. It's some serious drinking when he's drunk... He drinks EVERYTHING, beer, wine, chinese liquor, hard liquor... He drank this and that... everything... The China guys were really good drinkers too. Kept complaining the cocktails were tasteless and asked for neat Brandy instead.

My MD was so drunk that he forgot his address. And he showed the wrong way when my colleague drove him home. aaahahahahahaha.... My MD let us all go to work the next day at 10am. haha!

We sang Chinese, ENglish, Japanese, Hokkien, Malay and even Thai songs~ so much fun. The cover charge was supposed to be $18++. For members there's a promotion and you toss the dice, and you can enjoy different levels of discount. I tossed it, and got the lowest discount. I knew it. I never have such luck. And the staff said, "You can toss it again, I'll pretend I never saw that." My colleague then tossed it. Guess what? He got the "Free cover charge". Woho!! The staff could not believe our luck. I can tell she regretted what she said. But you can't take back what you said... I pity her. hahahah...

Anyway, we spent $500+ there. If there was cover charge, it includes 2 drinks for each person and it will be about $200+ excluding extra drinks that we were to order. So I guess she would be happy to see the bill at the end.

One thing though, I really really enjoy seeing people get drunk. My China colleague, when he first came he can only speak one English word :"No". Whatever you ask him, he will say "no", regardless what is the question. hahaha.. He's here about a year. He has the will to learn and he bought electronic dictionary and attended free classes organised by church. Now he improved a lot. But still, can only speak the basic. And when he got drunk, he spoke to me in English!!! He asked me "You go Toa Payoh? You go Toa Payoh?" hahahaha....

Previously at Yeow Shun's wedding, same thing happened. My friend Gigi and KaiLong, when they got drunk at the wedding dinner, they too started talking in English too which is unusual!! HAHAHAHAHAH... but it was darn hilarious. So now I know, this was not an unique case. hahahaha.... I think they should drink more in order to improve their English. AAAAAHAHHAHAHAHA.....

It is a bit sad to leave the company. Afterall I've worked there for over 5years and for the most part everybody got along really well. But.. gotta move on. It can't be helped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed seeing people get drunk. If you had a chance to continue talking with them, it would be even more interesting. From my experience, they would become quite sincere in their expression of feelings, likes, dislikes, how they were taken advantaged of, frustrations at work, some relationship problems, etc. After listening to them, one might find them to be nice people and you started feeling and wanting to help them. Just some experiences.

kr said...

reminds me of the night at YS wedding.....

Michelle said...

ya man, funny night. haha.