Monday, July 13, 2009

Won a trophy at age 32

I hardly took part in competitions during school time and hardly won even if I did. I only remember I won a badminton contest that I organised myself (along with ST). hahahaha..

One day, all of a sudden, I received an email from my school for the secretary diploma that I have been awarded "World Silver Medallion" for English for Business.

Wah.. World Silver?! I almost thought it was a hoax, because I finished the course in 2007... But it turned out to be real.


The Chief Operating Officer of LCCI Asia, Mark Disney came to give a speech. Man, I could fall in love with just about anybody who has an British accent.

Without flash, it got blur, with flash, it was too dark as the flash is not strong enough. Got a medallion and a cert.

This is to get a cert from the school for outstanding performance, along with a trophy.

They have "world" and "country" awards. I thought since I've been awarded World Silver medallion, I would also get at least another Country Silver or even Country Gold, depending on where the World Gold winner comes from. But no, I don't know how it works. I only got World Silver Medallion.


What a pleasant surprise to get this award! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of congratulations to you for winning the World Silver. It is no easy feat.

From reading your blog, I observed you're good at expressing your thoughts in a natural and easy to read manner.

Always believe in yourself that you can, everyone can, achieve many great and happy things in life.

Well done!!!

Michelle said...

Thank you for your kind words~~ :D