Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Why thank Michael

Ok, continue from this post : Thank You Michael! I can now talk about it as everything is firmed now.

Why did I thank Michael? I have gotten a new job~!!!! I think Michael landed me that job. When I got the call for this interview, it was a week after Michael's death. I was still in distraught about Michael's death. But I have to stop watching/thinking about Michael for a while (unwillingly) and prepare for my interview.

On the day of the interview I was really nervous, as usual. I hate interviews. Well, nobody likes interviews. On my way there I said in my heart, "Michael, give me strength." And it did calm me down a little!

I waited in the room for some time, the aircond was very cold and I was getting nervous by the minute. Again, I channelled my thoughts on Michael. And I felt better~

And the interview went really well. I was also lucky (must be because of Michael! ) as the HR officer had to take urgent leave and so the dept manager himself interviewed me instead. So I was not required to go for a second interview.

I CANNOT believe I got the job from the ONE interview I went this year. I only sent out 2 resumes this year! I only got the call 1 month after the application deadline. I had thought it had all gone down the drain. Imagine having to go through many interviews...

It must be Michael~

I am ecstatic!!!!

But I do feel bad towards my manager in current company. My Japanese colleague had just resigned and her last day is end of this month. And I resigned at this same period... We are the two who help him with deliveries, etc. And now we both are leaving. My manager had been very good to me. I think I will buy him a gift but not sure what I should buy.

My MD did not say anything to me about my resignation. I think he's in shock. hahahaha... I'm not saying I'm very important but he certainly did not expect my Japanese colleague to resign and then now me too.

I'm so excited. I can't wait to join the big family in the new company~!

2 comments:

kr said...

Congratulations - am happy for you :)

Michelle said...

Thanks, dear ;)