Saturday, August 08, 2009

Busiest 3 days in 5 yrs

Wow, it's already 2:30am. Time is really not enough. A blink, hours would be gone.

I had been tired this week, didn't write much. There are photos I wanted to post but just too tired. I broke my record by sleeping at 10:55pm on Wed night. I never sleep so early except when I am sick.

My manager took leave from Wed to Fri. My Japanese colleague has went back to Japan. So I am the only one left to in charge of delivery and replying emails and quotation requests from customers. And I was supposed to teach the new girl Phyllis and hand over my job. I have had no time whatsoever to do that as the delivery and replying emails took most of my time.

This has been the busiest 3 days in the 5+ years I have worked in this company. Hahahaha...

When I was so busy doing the deliveries and replying emails, some people still acts like a pain in the ass. No, correction, he did not "act LIKE" a pain in the ass. He IS a pain in the ass. One of our customers needed something to be corrected. The part has been produced. But the customer wanted it to be modified still, of course we have to comply. Should there be any extra charge, I will let my manager decide when he comes back. Most importanly at the moment was to fulfill what the customer required. It was not a very difficult thing. And the engineers are not at the busiest.

So what was the problem? The engineer involved complaint about this. Basically, he complains about everything, except when he surfs stock exchange websites during office hour. And I said if he's not happy, go and blame the customer. He said sarcastically, "How can I blame the customer? Customer is always correct. I can only blame the person who liaise with the customer."

What the fuck??!

It was the customer who wanted the part to be modified, not us who made a mistake and need to have last minute changes. It was not my fault. Even when it's customer's fault, what we can, we do for them. This is service. If we have no choice but to charge the customer for the extra work then we shall discuss with the customer. It won't do nobody any good by giving such fucking-annoying-counterproductive comment. It won't settle anything. We exchanged a few sentences. And I ended the conversation by saying "If you're not happy, go and tell the customer."

I know he thinks my manager's (sales) work is "very easy". He takes things for granted way too much. My manager had to deal with all kinds of nasty customers while the engineers comfortably sit in the office, doing their thing and (some) still don't admit it when they make mistakes. He really should be sent to do some sales and servicing customers. Then he'll know the real world : Things are not that easy. One cannot just tell the customer "No, the part is done. You cannot change." And business does NOT come easy like he thought : "Just be daring and charge them high high!"

No comments: