Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Organic organic

Ok, this is going to be a long post. First begin with some random photos at my house.

There came 3 birdies and "stayed" on top of our light tube. What a surprise! I was hoping for them to build nests on our roof or something.. but they came and rest on the tube.
Isn't it a cutie? I took a few shots and I guess my flash disturbed them and they flew away. Bad me...

And this, was one fine morning. I don't usually wake up that early, about 7am. What a beautiful sunrise, right in the city.
Ok now, all about organic.
Don't I look like a nanny... My cousin nancy bought me that short from Bali. And the tube top.. the two didn't go well together. But becos it was HOT HOT day... I want to expose as much skin as possible and get some tan. Hence the tube. If I can wear a bikini I would. But it's not nice to wear that in the neighbourhood..
This photo wasn't taken spontaneously. I "staged" it and asked my bro to take a photo. ahahaha..

What was I doing? Well, we're "harvesting" peanuts. Home grown, all natural organic peanuts. That's my aunt and my mum and my bro.

Fresh from the soil~~~~~
Tada~

We harvested them a little too soon. But it's already edible.Oh by the way, this is how peanut flowers look like.
Now washing the peanuts to free them from soil.
Nice and clean~ and we boiled them in water with salt added. Yummy yummy~

Now, I looked like an idiot posing like that. Know what plant is that?
It's tapioca.
My bro tugging the roots(tapioca).
Tada~~~

The tapiocas were slim... maybe the soil not fertilised enough.
My aunts had them cleaned and cut and boiled. Dab it with sugar and it tasted fabulous~

This is how the stem of the tapioca looks like. The center bit looks edible. But I ain't gonna try it. Raw tapioca is poisonous. I hell ain't gonna try eating its stem...

This is er.. dunno... US cucumber or something. We had local cucumber, Japanese cucumber which is smaller. This is a huge one. Ya, I think my bro said to me this is US cucumber. I think the local cucumber tastes better. Usually it's quite straight, but this is an odd one.
A baby eggplant.

Our papaya "babies" just don't stay... They kept dropped off.

Look at this leave. So funny, grow from the center...

Just a fly. It stopped on a leave near me so I just took a shot anyhow. hahahaha...
I think that's a tiny worm or something.......
Ok, as abrupt as it is, this post ends here.

No comments: